- Advise on the development and implementation of innovative technology from inception to full implementation, focusing on key benefits to deliver results faster and in a more effective and efficient manner.
- Turn around failing technology projects.
- Advise on the development and implementation of company operations key measures to deliver on-going improvement in operations.
- Prepare companies for funding events.
Bill grows profits through improved operations and process. His specialty is harvesting the expected benefits from new or stuck technology implementations by working with your team to help them understand the path to success. The barrier to successful return on investment is user acceptance of the innovation. Solving technical problems are a part of the process, but not the key.
Read Bill’s article: Do Your Technology Implementations Generate Payback?
Bill has over 30 years of experience of understanding and improving process, whether in the above scenario or with other operational growth problems. Bill most often delivers improvements of 20% or more. He has deep experience with multi-site businesses, including retail, distribution, hospitality, route sales and light manufacturing. He’s worked with businesses from $1M to $1B+ in annual sales. He has driven changes that improved operating efficiency in over 10,000 locations.
A key to company growth is understanding processes that are repeatable and often outdated due to company growth and shifts in the marketplace. The objective is to allow business owners to focus their expertise on what they do best. First be effective and then be efficient is Bill’s guiding principle.
As an executive, you may be …
• Focused on the tyranny of the urgent,
• Involved in routine decisions,
• Frustrated by investments in technology that don’t seem to pay off, and/or
• Betting large sums of money on innovations.
If these points sound familiar, then Bill can help.
Bill’s portfolio includes successful go-to-market and sales plans, leadership alignment, team building and visioning.
Bill has guided dozens of companies in the middle-market and large-market at general and divisional levels. Companies I have served previous to my Newport experience include the following:
For Amazon specified, developed and implemented warehouse team productivity and scheduling system for Amazon’s first nine distribution centers. Amazon does not release results. That said, it became the foundation for productivity in Amazon’s warehouse productivity.
For a multi-billion-dollar retailer’s system support department, defined recurring processes and education resulting in improving key performance indicators by more than 60% while reducing staff costs by more than 25%.
For a route sales firm, specified, developed and implemented a sales and inventory system that resulted in a 27% increase in productivity and sales.