Charlie has a diverse background as a military member, salesperson, sales leader, sales executive, and Chief Executive Officer in an equally diverse number of industries, including aviation, training, Oil & Gas (offshore, on shore and LNG), supply chain and software. Those diversities help Charlie drive change and deliver growth to his clients in the mid-market.
Over the course of his career, Charlie has built teams, led teams, and reconstructed teams. Charlie is fanatical about teamwork and is always trying to assemble the best teams possible. These teams have then gone on to deliver unprecedented growth in a wide variety of industries.
At Newport, Charlie works with business owners and CEOs to drive change and to grow their top line with a keen eye on the expense side of sales. Reducing margins is NOT the way to grow an organization, so understanding of the real cost of a client’s products is paramount.
Charlie will also help clients create effective strategies that align with their vision. He develops and implements the execution needed to achieve that vision.
Select Highlights of Client Results from Charlie’s career include:
- Grew revenue from $4MM in 2012 to $9MM in 2013 with a major Oil & Gas client.
- Grew revenue from $9MM in 2013 to $24.7MM in 2014 with a major Oil & Gas client.
- Overall revenue generated in 2014 was $34.3MM against a quota of $28MM.
- Transformed a non-profitable training company from $300,000 per month in revenue to $1MM per month of revenue and did that in 9 months.
- Developed a sales methodology so that a “non-engineer” could sell custom equipment to Drilling Contractors.
- Number 1 in sales in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014 and 2015