Areas of Engagement
- Advise CEO and Board of engineering consulting firm on growth strategy, evaluate M+A candidates
- Board member, evaluate and negotiate investment opportunities for growth equity fund
- Board member, advisor to CEO of National Clean Tech open winner
- Mediate disputes between owners of professional services firm; led to buyout of dissident partner
- Advise owners of business services firm on intergenerational transfer of ownership interest
- Advised multiple business owners on exit strategy, programs to build value in advance of sale
David brings to Newport an extensive background as a business strategist, advisor, entrepreneur and CEO.
He is a highly experienced management consultant who served with Bain and Company as a Vice President and Partner for 14 years. In four of those years he built a profitable consulting practice in Asia, based in Tokyo.
David has driven high-impact changes in strategy, operations and organization for over 150 businesses and companies in the US, Europe, Latin America and East Asia.
He has built M&A strategies leading to transactions valued at over $10 billion. His experience in 15 countries has been in industries as varied as financial services, outsourced business services, consumer products, retail, heavy manufacturing, advanced materials and non-profits.
As an advisor David has helped executive teams with such difficult issues as identifying and satisfying the needs of highest value segments and customers and building a migration path to re-align business models.
Trusted advisor and confidant to a CEO client over 10 years in two public companies. Designed and executed strategic growth and profit improvement programs. Achieved >50% Return on Equity.
Developed and managed the growth strategy for Fortune 150 financial services company including multiple new product launches and seven strategic acquisitions.
Launched and led Asia-Pacific business for top-tier international consulting firm. Built multi-national, multi-lingual staff of 50+, reached breakeven two years ahead of plan.