Areas of Engagement
- Advise on industry trends and specific opportunities in technology especially digital media.
- Provide CEO advisory services; serve as independent Board director, and interim CEO.
- Build effective business models and validation criteria for new and legacy product solutions.
- Develop financing strategies, capital plan, investor presentations, and executing the use of cash.
- Create Observation Reviews and Action Plans for process improvements, revenue growth, sales and marketing effectiveness, new product launches.
- Executive team building, strategic alliance and partnership opportunity analysis and execution.
Dennis has had impressive accomplishments as a CEO of companies ranging from start-ups to large divisions of public corporations. He was until recently CEO of Zixi, Inc., a breakthrough software service for live video delivery that enables high-quality IP video transport over the Internet to any device, anywhere. There he doubled the company’s valuation and landed key media industry leaders as partners. Before that Dennis was CEO of Signiant, an Internet technology start-up company spun out of Nortel. His leadership helped the company to reposition itself as a first of a kind media content delivery application. He grew the business from re-start to cash flow positive; raised $35 million in venture capital and won recognition as a market leader.
Earlier in his career Dennis held a number of leadership positions with other technology companies in sectors including communications monitoring and information appliances. Dennis spent 14 years with Compaq/Digital Equipment, rising to VP of Sales and Marketing for the Workstations Division in North America.
Built a live internet video streaming startup to profitable growth over $10 million in revenue. Landed key media industry customers, hired team, and led the business strategy.
Developed and led a startup internet software pioneer in big data accelerated file distribution becoming a global expert for media and entertainment companies. Raised $50M.
Repositioned and sold an innovative product and services company for live network monitoring. Developed key strategic partnerships that led to valuation and acquisition.