Areas of Engagement
- Advise companies on services strategies, ensuring maximum profitability by leveraging skills and costs.
- Align business goals and targets to achieve desired results, using data analytics.
- Seize opportunities to work with sales force models to manage, measure, and implement actions.
- Advise on business model for sales and distribution around channels optimization framework.
- Advise on service logistics models including outsourcing and acquisitions.
- Advise on talent acquisition strategy.
John Pratt has extensive background in general management from very large companies like IBM to mid market and emerging technology firms.
John had an almost 25 year career with IBM, involving a long series of promotions through its management ranks. These culminated in significant executive positions in Channels, Sales and Distribution as well as IBM Global Services. While at IBM John managed a wide range of businesses from start-ups to complex contractual services to post M&A integration.
He has deep, hands on leadership experience in such key middle market priority areas as managing sales forces, evaluating and motivating marketing talent and developing accountability for business results.
He has also served as Senior VP for Agilsys, a leading developer and marketer of software and solutions to the hospitality and retail industries, turning around units by cutting costs, driving new growth and developing leadership under him.
Drove 250 Million of cost out of western area business unit while improving revenue by 400 Million the same period with all new leadership. (IBM Global Services)
As the interim CEO of a 12 Million software company grew Revenue to 15 Million first year and created key vendor relationships with the industry leaders that they had shunned for 10 years. (GT Software)
Helped lay the foundation for growth initiatives for a Craft Brewery which resulted in 55% growth year over year while creating new relationships with key distributors. (Big Beach)