Lynn has a diverse background as an executive and advisor, particularly in capital intensive and related service industries. He uses his strategic, commercial, financial, and operational knowledge, skills, and leadership tools to help drive change and growth for middle-market companies.
Over his career, Lynn has developed extensive experience forming and leading teams as well as in interacting with public and private investors, partners, customers, lenders, regulators, and boards of directors.
At Newport Lynn works business owners and CEOs to drive change to meet capital, commercial, and operational needs. He has worked with a variety of middle-market companies ranging from private equity investors and their portfolio companies to family-owned businesses in sectors ranging from service providers to distributors to infrastructure developers.
He helps business owners create effective strategies to achieve their vision and then develop and implement the execution plans necessary to achieve that vision. To do this, Lynn uses his strong and extensive experience in strategic planning (for both public and private companies), M&A and capital-related financings and transactions, commercial activities, operations, and governance.
Select highlights from Lynn’s career include:
- Advised numerous clients on the creation of strategy and achievable goals followed by execution of specific implementation plans.
- C-Suite executive leader for Dynegy, a large public energy company; over time responsibilities included Strategic Planning, M&A, all Commercial/P&L activities, Operations, Financial Planning, and Corporate Support functions.
- P&L responsibility for a national portfolio of assets with annual revenues in excess of $3 billion.
- Developed and executed a cost structure reduction program that resulted in approximately $100M in annual cost structure reductions across a power generation company with a national footprint.
- Led multiple M&A transactions, including three with transaction values in excess of $1 billion. Responsible for multiple engineering and construction projects ($100+ million) and as well as annual operating and capex budgets.
- Led or held key roles in over 20 M&A or financing transactions (including both corporate and asset-level transactions).
- Extensive experience with partnerships and joint ventures. Board member for two separate joint ventures providing retail gas and electricity.
- Advisor to energy infrastructure developers and investors across a wide range of products and technologies – ranging from LNG, to electricity, to renewables.
- Active in various trade and technical organizations, including service on the Department of Energy’s National Coal Council and Energy Advisory Board Transmission Tas Force, membership in the National Association of Corporate Directors, and membership in the Association for Corporate Growth.