Areas of Engagement
- C-Level / Board advisory and interim executive services to develop strategy and execution to grow revenues and reduce cost of goods.
- Help develop value proposition for target segments and design marketing mix strategy.
- Advise on design of the sales organization, its management and alignment with the rest of the organization; sales strategy, process and training.
- Advise on supply chain, vendor relationships and negotiations.
- Assist management with revenue forecasting and mechanisms to improve employee performance.
Sam is a seasoned executive with a proven record of developing and implementing strategies to enhance revenues and profits across a variety of industries. For the last 23 years he was part of the Graytrout Group, a Georgia-based consultancy, where he specialized in assisting clients in redesigning their sales organization and sales management processes. He has designed and implemented supply chain and revenue growth plans for clients in industries as diverse as office products, aerospace, banking and non-profits. Sam also has significant experience as an executive. As President of a business unit of a distribution company that markets private label automotive parts, Sam implemented a strategy to improve competitiveness and profitability, achieving a 65% increase in revenues over 18 months and improving gross profitability by 9%. Earlier in his career Sam had senior management positions with several other companies in the automotive aftermarket industry.
Implemented integrated business development strategies that drove a 23% average annual growth rate year after year.
Implemented vendor relationship management programs that reduced cost of goods by 12% – 20%.
Led supply chain initiatives that reduced inventory conversion cycles by 10% and improved GP by 2.4%.